The data controller is JKS Mediation. firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect:
In order to provide our services and for other purposes set out in ‘how we use your information’ below we collect and process personal data. We may collect the following information:
- Personal information (such as your name, email address, address, phone numbers and date of birth)
- Sensitive personal data (such as health or disability issues, details of domestic abuse and safeguarding, details of your finances)
- Attendance information (such as the number and type of meetings attended)
We collect your information from:
- Self referrals on our website
- Referrals from family solicitors
- You and your ex-partner by means of telephone conversations, video calls, emails, written communications and face to face meetings
How we use your information:
Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
- To provide services to you
- To respond to your requests and enquiries
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations (e.g. to comply with a court order) or to carry out professional ethics investigations.
- To enable us to maintain our own accounts and records.
Consent and Lawful processing of data
We process your data to carry out our legitimate interests, which include
- Providing and enhancing the provision of our services
- Administration and delivery of our services
- Actions relating to safeguarding, fraud or proceeds of crime and all cases necessary for our legitimate interests.
How long do we store your data?
Our standard period of retention is three years.
We work to protect the personal information that we hold, its confidentiality integrity and availability.
We review our information, collection, storage and processing activities to guard against unauthorised access.
We have a Security Information Policy in place which defines the measures we take to protect your personal information.
We use a combination of technologies to ensure that our paper and computer systems are protected monitored and recoverable.
We only use third party providers where we are satisfied that they provide adequate security for your personal data.
If at any point you believe that the information we process on you is incorrect, you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please contact your mediator (Jacqui Kyne: email@example.com or Kate Skelton: firstname.lastname@example.org )
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Compliance and Cooperation with regulatory authorities