All our mediators are FMC accredited, skilled and experienced. They each carry out well over one hundred mediation meetings every year.
Kate brings her considerable experience of the families and clients she has worked with and sees her role as empowering her clients to make their own informed decisions. Professional and impartial throughout, she is empathetic and approachable. She understands that clients need to go at their own pace and need to build trust with her and the process of mediation.
Kate has a background in the media and has worked in the field of advice and debt . Alongside her work as a family mediator she has worked and continues to work supporting separated families.
Relevant qualifications & experience:
- Mediator trained with National Family Mediation ; Accredited Family Mediator since 1999
- Institute of Legal Executives qualifications, including Higher Diploma in Family Law
- Direct Consultation with Children in Mediation
- Approved Mediator, College of Mediators
- Mediator in National Family Mediation Service since 1997
”I thought Kate was sensitive and understanding. I am very thankful.”
”I just wanted to say ‘Thank You, Kate’ for helping us to sort this out.”
Jacqui brings her background in social work and in business to her work as a mediator.
Trained as a Family Mediator in 2006, Jacqui has a wealth of experience at helping separated and divorcing couples reach agreement about their children and about their finances. Noted for her calm and reassuring presence, Jacqui is passionate about helping people find solutions that will work in their unique situation. Jacqui has also worked as a mediator helping individuals to resolve conflict with their neighbours and within their communities, and as a mediator in disputes between teenagers and their parents.
Relevant experience, training and qualifications:
- Institute of Legal Executives, Family Law Course 2011
- Foundation training in Family therapy 2010
- Direct Consultations with Children in Mediation 2008
- Trained with Family Mediators Association 2006.
- Accredited Family Mediator, National Family Mediation 2008
- Community Mediator training and Accreditation, Bristol Mediation 2005
”Jacqui was fantastic whilst remaining impartial. She had a very calming influence.”
”I feel a lot stronger as a result of coming to mediation. Thank you, Jacqui.”
Mairi Frith obtained her accreditation as a Family Mediator in relation to both Finance & Property and Child issues in 1999 and for many years worked for a National Family Mediation Service specialising in both areas. Her experience in dealing with financial matters was extended by working for a period within a co mediation model with a lawyer mediator. Her knowledge in relation to children and family matters is drawn largely from previous employment as a social worker with additional training in family therapy. During that period she spent time both within a Child Guidance setting and a dedicated Fostering Agency. She is an accredited Professional Practice Consultant for family mediators.
Mairi’s belief is that people need opportunities to make their own decisions about their lives and that where appropriate mediation can help with this.